This week, I'm a bit all over the place with my focus. I'm getting things ready for Lazy Baby, cleaning out the back room, taking care of myself, eating well (with Mr. LL, more on that tomorrow), and exercising. So far, the eating better and exercising have been going great. I'm actually really enjoying our better diets – granted, I have some not so healthy snacks stashed away at work, but they are just to supplement when I'm feeling hangry. Even those aren't the worst, compared to junk like chips and cookies. Cleaning out the back room probably won't happen this week. It's a major undertaking and we'd probably only be able to work on it this coming Saturday, and that's only if Mr. LL doesn't have to work. I need to do another round of washing of baby stuff because Cake and Mei-Mei (our cats) burrowed into all the clean blankets , plus, we have some new stuff from the baby shower this past Sunday. As for taking care of myself, well, my doctor told me I needed to rest due to ligament pain and when I told Mr. LL that his response was "yeah, every one I work with says their wives slept a lot during their pregnancies. You don't sleep." :| So, now I'm taking off every Monday until my maternity leave so that I can slow down a bit and rest a little more.
My daily tasks are:
- Make the bed EVERY DAY. Check.
- Put away the clean dishes in the morning. Check.
- Spend 10 minutes a day on dishes. heck.
- Do something laundry related every day. I slacked yesterday, but we're in a good place with laundry (so long as I do a load tonight!)
- 10 minute pick up before bed. Mr. LL and I were so tired we both basically passed out after dinner, lol.
- Journal. heck...well, I haven't done it yet today, but I plan to get it done.
- Meditate. heck.
For my weekly tasks:
- Clean the bathroom
- Walk 4 days a week. So far so good. Today was a rest day. We're really trying to get Bigby to stop freaking out whenever a cyclist/other human passes us. It hasn't been going well though.
GETTING READY FOR BABY
PHASE #1: COMPLETE
- Get organized.
- Clean out the crib space.
PHASE #2: COMPLETE
- Get the crib + changing table assembled.
- Wash all the baby clothes/blankets/etc.
- Make appointment with pediatrician. Ugh, this is STILL haunting my to-do lists. However, I'll be working shorter weeks up until my maternity leave, so the extra day should give me some time to get things like this done.
- Buy a few more maternity pieces. – Check.
- Buy a couple of nursing bras. – heck.
- Baby showers – Last baby shower is this Sunday. The one last week was GREAT. My friends gave us a lot of things we need for Lazy Baby and we had a fun time playing games. I'll do a post about it later. Not sure when, just yet, but I'll definitely do one!