It's been almost a month since I moved on to Phase #4 and I haven't progressed much, to be honest. Here's a look at where I'm at:
PHASE #1: COMPLETE
- Get organized.
- Clean out the crib space.
PHASE #2: COMPLETE
- Get the crib + changing table assembled.
- Wash all the baby clothes/blankets/etc.
PHASE #3: COMPLETE
- Buy a few more maternity pieces.
- Buy a couple of nursing bras.
- Baby showers (I don't have any photos – yet – from the one my friends threw us, but here are some photos from the one Mr. LL's family had for us)
- Call pediatrician. I need to pick a different pediatrician. I tried to call the one closest to our house and they don't make you call a different number to talk to anybody.
- Install the car seat. This is done and it almost cost us our marriage. Not really, but tensions were very high during the process.
- Pack hospital bag. Ok, so I started to do this, but I can't figure out what's too much to bring or what will I regret not bringing so I haven't "finished" yet.
- Create a healthier freezer menu plan. I'm changing this to Create freezer meals.
- Get an exercise ball. This isn't going to happen. I've resigned myself to that reality.
- Finish out "baby must haves" list. I'm going to get on this sometime this week.
I plan on doing some freezer cooking to have meals ready to go for after Lazy Baby arrives, but Mr. LL really is eating a lot healthier these days (and so am I by default), so I need to rework my plans. The meals I had planned weren't the healthiest (pastas, not a lot of veggies).
Also, now that we've finished up with the baby showers (unless my work throws me one), I'm ready to hunker down and buy what I have deemed a "must have" based on the numerous blog posts on the internet and in parenting magazines. If you are interested in the list I curated by combining as well as pairing down what I found, let me know in the comments. I'll be happy to share my checklist with you!